Oregon drivers suck
Well, Washington drivers suck too. But Oregon drivers suck more often.
What a strange way to start an entry.
----
During the kids' "second winter break" last week, we took a little trip to the Portland, OR area. Land of tax-free shopping. No amusement parks or anything like that. In fact, the trip was so last-minute because my (Atlanta) bossman was so hesitant on letting me take A FULL FIVE days off that I couldn't make any concrete plans. I hate the man.
----
Oregon drivers seem to sit in the left lane and go below the posted speed limit. No matter if there's no one else in any other lane of the freeway, they'll just sit right there in the left lane moseying along.
I'm probably being just a bit general here. But if there's ever a slowdown on the freeway, esp in the left lane, chances are the car has Oregon plates.
----
Nothing like using the Target 10% off card while in the Portland area. So I'm saving 8.8% by not paying sales tax, plus the extra 10% off on top of that. I'm so chinesey.
Did a bunch of other shopping too (read: Costco). At the Best Buy, I picked up a Griffin FM Transmitter for the nano. Even after reading all the negative comments on iLounge, I decided to give it a try. True to the reviews, the sound quality sucked and I returned it the next day and bought the Sony CPA9 cassette adapter instead (the Honda Pilot has a cassette deck). At least we had something to listen to on the way home.
The wife made me drive to 3 different Nordstrom Rack locations in the area.
----
Regular unleaded was $1.87 in Beaverton, OR. Wow.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home