Rez
Continued challenges at work has forced me to ask a few favors from several close associates. I've asked them to help me find another spot within the company. Something. Anything. Something away from my current division, away from the lunatics running things into the ground. So far, I've had a couple of folks ask for my resume. I should take it as a positive sign, but still I get the feeling that I'm just the tire being kicked.
I haven't updated my resume in like 4 years. I hate working on it. Every time I open it up, I'm never satisfied with how it looks, how it's formatted, what I'm trying to say, how I'm trying to say it, how much I can get away with. (What I really need to do is ask a couple of my recruiting friends in my LinkedIn circle and see if they have any recommendations on the format and content)
This week marks the near-end of my current death march. It seems like it's been one long torturous ordeal since August. I hope to catch a breather here in the next few days. I can't keep taking this...
Things away from work have been the sanity and stability to keep me going. The boys are back in school now, after their long holiday break. The Christmas tree has been taken down and chopped into 4-foot sections and tossed into the green recycling bin. Most of the presents have been put away or returned/exchanged. The Christmas cookies are mostly gone (The Wife made pizzelles, shortbread, lemon butter cookies, biscotti, and fruitcake this year. yikes! Did I gain some weight or what?) BTW, my biceps are in better shape now that I've gotten accustomed to long stretches of playing Metroid Pinball on the kids' Nintendo DS. I soooo love that game.
You know, I still have a hard time believing that Christmas and the New Year came and went and things are just like business as usual here already on the 8th day of January. Can someone please tell me to stop and smell the roses? Dayam.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home