Put 'em up
No fisticuffs in today's meeting. Close, but not quite. Heated verbal exchanges aplenty. Enough to keep me awake. Yow! (I tend to keep my head low and my mouth shut, for fear of it getting shot off by some misdirected verbal assault)
Really, the only good thing to come out of these meetings are the way these east-coast folks wrangle the vendors into providing both lunch AND dinner for everyone. Tonight, dinner was on vendor L, who took us all to a little family-run Italian restaurant off the beaten path in Roswell, north of Atlanta: Sugo. A few of the fellas ordered some sort of pork loin dish that ended up being the size of a small presto-log. Egads! I think the leftovers alone would've lasted a couple of days. I played it safe and just went with a halibut dish. I suppose it sounds strange to order halibut at an old school Italian restaurant, but the owner himself came to the group and explained all of the nightly specials and family specialities, and for some reason the halibut had me hooked. (har har, I made a pun)
Tomorrow, vendor C is taking is out for dinner somewhere. I really need to see if this Westin hotel has late-night hours for the gym...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home