Home
Home again, recovering from the jet lag. Was barely functional on Friday, after getting home after midnight.
+ + +
In Atlanta, my rental car was a Chevy Cobalt. A couple of good things: heated leather seats and auto-adjusting radio volume. Bad: existence of some structure above the brake pedal such that as I pressed the brakes hard, the top of my foot would hit this structure. I had to learn to press downward with the ball of my foot because my toes would be obstructed by this thing. Also, I had to lift up the center armrest in order to release the parking handbrake. Such a bad design. Generally, a decent little American-made rental sedan.
+ + +
On Thursday morning, it was 32 degrees and sunny. Very cold, esp for Atlanta. Did I mention the heated leather seats?
+ + +
Vendor C took us to Maggiano's for dinner on Wednesday night. Interestingly, they brought their entire team: sales, support, professional services, even some guys from the Seattle office. At dinner, I counted 12 persons from my company and 20 persons from vendor C. Odd.
+ + +
In a hotel room, why does there always seem to be a marble strip on the floor between the bathroom and the rest of the room? It seems like no matter what material the bathroom floor is made of (eg. tile, linoleum, stone, etc), there's always a light colored 2 inch strip of marble in the floor of the door threshold between the bathroom and the carpeted area that is the rest of the room.
+ + +
The 4 1/2 hour flight from Seattle to Atlanta: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
The 5 hour flight from Atlanta to Seattle: March of the Penguins.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home