phong

"What you are experiencing is a temporary distortion on reality" -- phong

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The Blame Game

Operation Enduring Fiasco
Operation Absolute Ineptitude
Operation Impotent Response
Operation Administration Paralysis
Operation Navigating the Labyrinth Bureaucracy
Operation Criminal Inaction
Operation Perfect (Racial) Storm
Operation Executive Spin-Control
Operation Finger-Pointing
Operation Dumbo

+ + + + +

This country's "leaders" tend to put a name on every military plan of action. My short list of the ridiculousness.

+ + + + +

Watching and reading the news coverage of this horrible catastrophe in the Gulf States makes me seethe with anger, and I'm sure many others feel the same way. It is beyond words how inept our own government is.

There are so many different ways to slice and dice the series of events that have occurred over the last 8 to 10 days, and it highlights many of the things wrong with this nation, starting with "the government": local, state, and federal governments are all responsible for this mess.

One of best heart-warming stories I've seen was on late night the other day, where the reporter interviewed several survivors in one of the well-to-do neighborhoods, as he toured the dry but damaged and abandoned Whole Foods market. One of the customers filled his shopping cart with baby food, dry goods and other essentials, and the reporter followed him to his car, which was packed to the gills with items from the store. The reporting team then followed him as he delivered the goods to various areas in the city where he knew there were other survivors, stopping to hand off a few things here and there. That's a true survivor...a hero.

Unfortunately, the morons outnumber the heroes. Or more correctly, morons are in positions of power and influence, and oftentimes the heroes are not.

3 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I was wondering what happened to you lately. Glad to see you're alive and kicking. SAW

 
At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Sorry I've been incognito as well. Busy bee am I. SAW

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger phong said...

Secret Agent Woman -- I'm still around. Burnt out. Lack of motivation. Everything gets questioned. You know the deal. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home