Weekend update, part 2
With the passing of the dotcom boom and the excesses that came with it, I was pleasantly surprised to see that in this day and age, some of the local companies still put on some really nice summer parties for their employees. (Before you get the wrong idea, the company I work for is not one of those kinds of corporations.)
On Saturday, we were invited guests to attend the employee "friends and family" summer party for one of the local companies firmly on the path to world domination. There's not a whole lot of those left, especially from the Seattle area. They rented out a private park along the lake and served up a southwestern theme of music, straw cowboy hats, line dancing, and of course, all the food and drink in the world. Chips & salsa, southwestern style caesar salad, all kinds of fresh fruit, corn salsa, black beans, bbq sandwiches, brats, hotdogs, grilled chicken, and a cart full of frozen confections. At the drink cabanas, besides bottled water and sodas, every flavor of Tazo tea was served, and all you can drink vanilla frappaccinos. It's no wonder that Starbucks continues to be voted locally as one of the best places to work.
No, I didn't eat all that listed food. I did have 3 different Tazo bottled teas though. And I lost count of the number of frappaccinos. Hey, I worked it all off on the paddle-boats on the lake. Sort of.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home