Weekend update, part 1
On Friday, I took a day off from work since
(a) the wife had a doctor's appointment.
(b) the weather was again sunny and in the mid 80's and it begged to be enjoyed.
(c) I have sick leave hours to burn before the company transitions to a consolidated "paid time off" instead of separated sick leave and vacation hours.
(d) I'm soooo burnt out right now.
I took the boys to the Bellevue Arts & Crafts Fair. It's an annual thing that happens around this time of the year. They close off part of the Bellevue Square shopping mall parking garage and set up a bunch of artists booths in the garage area. Lots of different and eclectic stuff from many local artists. But instead of spending a bunch of time wandering around looking at things I can't afford, we went over to the "kid friendly" part of the event, which was the "Kidsfair", held across the street at the Bellevue Art Museum ("BAM"). The boys participated in a few of the crafts-making projects: photosensitive cloth designs, paint-a-tile to be installed on the walls along NE 8th St, wireframe construction, build-a-teapot (the current theme of the BAM), decorate a lima-bean potted plant, and build-a-windsock. Outside, there were several artists working on some sidewalk chalk masterpieces. Amazing.
(I think I ended up on the phone half the time, answering stupid questions from antsy people at work. Boo.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home