phong

"What you are experiencing is a temporary distortion on reality" -- phong

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Catboy

Today's tightwad Tuesday public library movie: The Grudge.

Just so you know, a while ago, I watched "The Ring" by myself very late one evening. Alone in the family room while everyone was already asleep. Big mistake. I'm not a scary movie kind of person. Nuff said.

Anyways, so today I watched The Grudge. With the wife. Not alone by myself in a dark room this time. There were several scenes in the movie where, almost on cue, we simultaneously cringed. Kind of funny when you think about it. It's like you know "it" is going to appear, somewhere on the screen, just behind the protagonist, and it's just the anticipation and the adrenalin buildup. Did I mention that I'm not a scary movie kind of person? Ok, so the movie wasn't that great, and we were wondering how catboy and his mom got around but that wasn't really explained at all. And what's with the lower jaw thing?

Why did I say "alone by myself"? Is that redundant? Like "armed gunman"?

2 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger Mouji said...

Funny you should mention scary movies cuz I that's all I have left to see in my personal queue of un-watched movies after watching all the tame stuff first...but I AM a scary movie kinda guy, so cheers!

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger saisai said...

this post reminds me of one night at my college dorm when me and my roommates decided to rent the original japanese version Ring and the other four sequels. not a good idea. we were since scarred from that experience. imagine six girls crammed onto one bed, didn't leave the room for a whole day, went to bathroom in groups, and sang each other to sleep at 4am in the morning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home