phong

"What you are experiencing is a temporary distortion on reality" -- phong

Monday, August 08, 2005

70 miles to find a mate

I watched the movie "March of the Penguins" this past weekend. What a fabulous movie. And who better to narrate than Morgan Freeman? I think he should narrate more often. I thoroughly enjoyed this G-rated 'documentary'. Fascinating. A couple of sad parts, but other than that, very interesting. I did find myself blurting out "oh no" in the theater. What was I thinking? Like I'm in my own living room at home or something.

I'm still in sticker shock from the theater prices. As you know, I'm not a get-out-and-see-the-latest-movie kind of guy. Rather, I'm a get-on-the-library-waiting-list kind of person. So to pay $25.50 for 2 adult and 2 childrens matinee tickets still kinda burns. That's like dinner for the whole family at Green Village for goodness sakes. (yum)

I couldn't understand, that for a G-rated movie, some of the previews shown prior to the start of the feature film did not seem (in my mind) to be material suited for a G-rated movie crowd. I mean, the preview trailer for "Tim Burton's Corpse Bride" received a "suitable for all audiences" rating? Kind of scary, if you ask me. But then again, I don't necessarily understand those rating folks anyhow.

Go see the penguins if you haven't done so already.

2 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think i will cry watching that sort of documentary. SAW

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger phong said...

SAW --
Yeah, there were a couple of sad scenes. :( Poor little penguins.

btw,
What's the name of that noodle dish I always eat the Green Village restaurant?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home