Coffee, Tea, or Salmonella?
I really don't understand the appeal of the Cold Stone Creamery ice cream stores. As you know, my OC AR -ness keeps me away from places like this: they take perfectly fine ice cream from "the factory container" and slap chunks of it on a piece of cold who-knows-how-clean slab of marble or whatnot, slice it around and mix-in various other confections like oreo cookies or M&M's or syrupy strawberry pieces, and scoop it all back with their little philly cheesesteak-style spatulas into a cone to serve to the customer.
Sorry, it's just not for me.
And now with this recent salmonella outbreak (ok, so it's probably related to the uncooked cookie dough or "cake batter ice cream product"), it makes me wonder even more about the salmonella laden ice cream that they mix on that community slab and how it affects the next customer in line.

2 Comments:
I never thought of it that way. Being the germophobe that I am, I'm surprised it escaped me. I'll never look at Cold Stone the same way again. haha
I've never had CSC before....I personally just never thought that soft mushy ice cream sounded that appealing to me. SAW
Post a Comment
<< Home