phong

"What you are experiencing is a temporary distortion on reality" -- phong

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Bonk

One of the things keeping me sane at work these past several days is the fact that a few of the guys in the office are cycling nuts like myself, and with the Tour going on, it's sort of an annual reunion of excitement around the water cooler. For a few minutes every morning before leaving home, I am treated to live race action via OLN tv. I love listening to Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen narrate the race, especially during the thrilling mountain stages like today, where once again, Lance's team destroyed the field. I love hearing the descriptions of the various riders being dropped off the pace, like "he's cracked", or "there's nothing left in the engine". For me, at least that's something good to start the day with.

Tomorrow's big Alpine stage is huge. Live coverage starts at 3:30am on the left coast. Besides OLNtv, there's really good coverage, including some unbelievable pictures from Graham Watson, at VeloNews.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home