blah
It's been one of those blah days.
--
One of the things that really bug me at the new office: the restrooms. Yeah yeah I know, I'm a bathroom topic kind of guy. I'm surprised at the rather smallish size of the restrooms in the new building. On a floor of approximately 150 persons, there's only one men's room and one women's room. Granted, I know nothing of the contents of the ladies room, but the men's side is, imho, horrible. Only 2 urinals and 2 toilets. Oh, and there's no divider between the 2 urinals. One can just stare away at the neighboring urinal. Nothing gives me more stage fright than to have to stand next to some other guy in a restroom. I can be doing my business, but as soon as someone pulls up alongside, I balk. I freeze up. The faucet magically turned off. Now I'm just staring at the ceramic wall tiles directly in front of me. And there's no ambient white noise in the background, no exhaust fan, no muzak. Nothing perhaps but the stranger in the toilet stall and his plopping sounds. I stand there, waiting for my brain to unfreeze and to order my bladder to drain. What's worse is when the guy next to me has the same stage fright. Now we're both just standing, holding our units, staring at the wall, the ceiling, waiting. Like a game of chicken, to see who can break the awkward silence and start the tinkle.
--
What the hell did I just write about?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home