phong

"What you are experiencing is a temporary distortion on reality" -- phong

Monday, April 25, 2005

Dope

At my friendly neighborhood Costco, I noticed that there's now a limit to the number of packages of Claritin-D that one could purchase. Similarly, there's a limit to any medication that contains pseudoephedrine, the active ingredient in decongestants like Sudafed. And apparently, the Washington state legislature just recently passed a bill prohibiting the sale of these types of 'over-the-counter' medications unless the retailer places the packages 'behind the counter', checks the purchaser's age (must be over 18), and limits the purchase frequency from 3 packages in 24 hours to 2 packages. Wow. All of this in an attempt to limit the amount of meth labs in the region. Do they think this will be effective? In reading the local news, statewide last year, the Dept of Ecology had to clean up close to 1500 meth labs. Geez. It's a bigger problem than I thought. A lot of meth heads in this area, I suppose.

So I guess the next thing we'll see are people hanging out outside of the local Walgreens asking "psst, buddy, if I give you some money, can you buy me some Sudafed?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home