BC2
In the Vancouver area, it was somewhat humorous (but in a sad sort of way) to see the prices at the gas stations. The average price of gas was around $1.059 CDN. Their signs weren't designed for 4 digits, so in many cases the "1" was kind of tacked on. Mind you, that price is per liter, since it's a metric country. Doing the math, $1.059/l x 3.7854l/gal = $4.008/gal. Ouch. Four bucks a gallon. That kind of explains why there aren't as many gas guzzling SUVs up there.
I did see quite a few of these Smart cars on the road. It's really too bad that they're not sold here in the states.

Cute little cars. I guess they're all over the place in Europe...they've been around for a few years now. It was kinda cool to see them in real life though, instead of just reading about them. They are so so tiny. Here I am driving around in my fat-ass Honda Pilot trying to manuever within the confines of an underground shopping mall parking lot, when one of these little Smart ForTwo's zips around like a little go-kart. Just makes me smile.
--
I had more to write, but I think I lost a bit of motivation these past several days. Maybe returning to work on Friday wasn't the best thing...I ended up having to catch up on so many things. And then to hear of a newly imposed dress code at work, that really bummed me out. No more jeans. Shirts must have collars. No more tennis/athletic shoes. No shorts. What kind of lame-ass old school micromanagement mentality is that? Damn those east coast people running this company.
Ok, I'm done venting now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home