phong

"What you are experiencing is a temporary distortion on reality" -- phong

Friday, March 18, 2005

Expense it

My current job doesn't allow me to travel very much, so when the opportunity comes up for any kind of business-related travel, I'm all over it. It's too bad they took away my business amex some time back. Everything I charge, I have to use my own credit card and fill out the travel expense reports when I return. Kind of a bummer, esp with roundtrip airfare in the $900 range, 4 nights at a hotel, and 5 days of american iron rental car. Ouch. I guess I will be taking that tour of 'The World Of Coca Cola' after all, since I'm down there. What the heck.

There was a time several years ago (and several employers ago) that I did have to travel as part of my job description. It did kind of grind on me after a while, especially since at that time, my kids were quite young and leaving them for weeks at a time wasn't the best feeling in the world for a young father. And that's not even mentioning the guilt factor from the wife. That 'look' I used to receive from her when I mentioned another trip to take...yow!

Funny, for this trip next week, the wife was like "oh, cool" and "let's look up on the food network website and see if 'Food Finds' covered Atlanta recently". Yeah, she wants me outta here, pronto.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home